Note: Picture of bloody pad. Is this lochia?

I'm 19 days pp now. My bleeding has not been heavy and seem to have stopped after 10 days. It came back the past 2 to 3 days and so far I've been seeing a lot of very sticky mucus coming out (started since about 5 days pp, stopped and then came back again).

Note: Picture of bloody pad. Is this lochia?
6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It's common for postpartum bleeding to fluctuate in the weeks following childbirth. The presence of sticky mucus at 19 days postpartum is likely a sign of lochia, which is a mix of blood and tissue shed from the lining of the uterus after giving birth. It can be normal for the bleeding to stop briefly and then resume, as you've experienced. Here are some suggestions: 1. **Monitor Your Bleeding**: If the bleeding becomes very heavy, bright red, or you pass large clots, it's important to contact your healthcare provider. 2. **Stay Hydrated and Rest**: Ensure you're getting plenty of fluids and rest to support your recovery. 3. **Avoid Strenuous Activities**: Take it easy and avoid heavy lifting or strenuous activities until your body has fully healed. 4. **Contact Your Healthcare Provider**: If you have any concerns about your postpartum bleeding, do not hesitate to reach out to your healthcare provider for guidance and reassurance. If you have any more questions or concerns, feel free to ask on the forum or consult your healthcare provider for personalized advice and support. https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Are you doing post natal massage? Because this can affect too. Tummy massage can push out and cleanse the discharge. I’m on 14 days pp now but I have a small amount of vaginal discharge which my gynae said it’s normal. If you are worried, do arrange an appointment with your gynae to give a check.

Read more
TapFluencer

i have had discharge off & on throughout my pregnancies but really best to check with ur gynae

Yesss it can be heavy it can be light. Lochia usually last 1-1.5months

I only stopped bleeding about 30+ days pp