Milk supply

If i pump then only like 4 drip of milk come out, how to power pump like this? No more milk comes out after that tiny drops. How to power pump with VERY VERY LITTLE AMOUNT OF MILK? :'(

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

1) u tried hand expressing instead? Some mamas have a higher yield using hand expression. 2) u checked your flange size is correct? Ill-fitting flange size can also result in low yield. 3) do breast massage before and during pumping (can search for YouTube vids). 4) take milk boosting food such as salmon, avocado, chia seeds, etc 5) visit a lactation consultant

Read more
3y ago

yes i hand express all the time. but still only drip2. :(

😭😭😭😭😭 I feel you!!! I used to pump hundreds in a day! Now I can only express 15ml in 24hrs you know! And my baby doesn’t want to latch anymore. I still keep going because I can mix with her solid food or put in food cube tray for soothing teething gums with whatever little amount of milk I can get.

Read more
3y ago

I was given Fenugreek by hospital but it can cause gas in babies. I took for 2-3 months. I can yield 300ml on 1 pump session when I took that. But baby had serious gas. You can try Legendairy brand also, good reviews.

TapFluencer

1. Correct flange 2. Power pump twice a day. Pump more often. 3. Drink more water 4. Eat more milk boaster (salmon, Milo - different things work for different ppl) 5. Baby can latch more often if possible.

3y ago

i will try! thank you so much mama

Power pump twice a day Pump 20 mins, rest 10 mins, pump 10 mins, rest 10 mins, pump 10 mins. Every 3 hours pump 40 mins. Consume plenty of water, avocado, milk, oats, milo, yogurt, yam.

Read more

How long u pump? U can find video in YouTube sunny huang a lactation consultant to guide u. But it was in Chinese.

3y ago

wahhh thats good to hear!!!

VIP Member

have to try and increase the number of pumps and drink milk booster tea

Super Mum

Hi mama, may I ask how many weeks or months ppt are you?

3y ago

thank you!!!

Eat milk boosting food mommy. I was like that before.

VIP Member

baby latch

3y ago

stir-fried taste nicer to me😃