If i continue to feed my girl ebm, wil she stil gt close to me wen i return to work ?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I believe the bonding with your girl is formed the moment you breastfed her when she was a baby till now. For me as a working mum, I also give EBM when I'm not around. When I reach home then I'll latch my boy. But of course breastfeed ing is not the only way to bond with our LOs. We can also bond with our LOs by spending time with them whenever we can by doing activities with them, bring them out, read books, carry them or babywear them.

Read more
VIP Member

No1, exclusively pump, and my girl only want me till now. She may act coquettishly sometimes to her dad, but if choose me and her dad, it's definitely me. Bonding is not only by latching. There is many ways of bonding, like - babywear - always bring her out to play (playgrounds, walk walk) - do activities with her - play games together with her All this simple gesture, will help to bond over the time.

Read more

I think nothing will change, she will still be your little girl and you will still be her mommy. The bond between mother and child goes beyond breastfeeding. As long as you maintain physical contact, lots of cuddles and love, it is very unlikely that baby will forget you :)

Yeah, I had no issues with bonding. I fed EBM as well. I just made sure to spend lots of time skin to skin with baby even though we were not breastfeed latching. :)

If i feed her ebm thru bottle , dn when im hme , wil she latch properly ? Or wil she hav nipple confusion?