How do you deal with a helper who keeps losing or throwing away things without checking? Mine has lost cutlery, kitchenware and even a queen sized bed sheet disappeared into thin air! Once I handed to her soiled baby clothes wrapped up in serviettes (because I had nothing else to contain the dirty clothes), she threw it away without even looking at what it was or asking me. There could be more that we are not even aware of. We had reminded her to be careful umpteen times, told her to check the rubbish before throwing, told her to always check with us but she's still losing things after working with us for nearly 1.5 years. She would apologise and repeats the mistakes again the next day. Losing the queen sized bed sheet is most unbelievable. Another problem with her is she makes her own judgement call on her own, and her judgement call turns out to be wrong. Eg, the things which she thinks can be thrown are not meant to be thrown and she doesn't check with us before throwing. She feeds my 1 year old baby a huge chunk of fried chicken skin (of 50 cents coin size). We would correct her when we see her mistakes, but I fear how many more mistakes she had made that we are not even aware of. Can I get some advice on how to teach her to be more careful and don't act on her own accord? Mere talking doesn't seem to work on her.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

How can we teach someone if they refuse to be taught, teaching is one thing. Im just trying to rule out the possibility could it be that shr is unhappy or wants to go back? I would have a talk with her to find out if somethung could be bothering her. If its merely carelessness and unwillingness i wouldnt keep her.

Read more