Any reason for family keep pregnant as secret?

I am wondering when my parents told me that I should not tell anyone about my pregnant until month 3.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I told my immediate family members as soon as my pregnancy is confirmed. They can then better look out and take care of you. That's what I feel. Especially if your parents are cooking for you, they will know what to avoid. First 3 month is less stable and thus higher chance of miscarriage that's why many chose to announce after pregnancy is stabilised.

Read more
VIP Member

The elders believe that it is a 'pantang' to reveal before 3 month as it may result in miscarriage. But actual reason is actually the probability for miscarriage is actually higher during first trimester. So it is better to only announce when pregnancy is more stable during 2nd trimester which the miscarriage percentage is usually very low.

Read more

It’s believed to be bad luck, and increased chances of miscarriage. Maybe let your direct family know so that they can look out for you. Friends wise or extended family it’s ok to wait till after you’re more stable to share—if you believe in this.

Miscarriage is 20% chance in first trimester. Avoids you having to repeat the heartache of telling everyone you have told if it happened to you. Choy! Wait until stable then say

VIP Member

Most Chinese believe that it’s bad luck to tell before 3 months because of the high rate of miscarriages during that period. But really, it should be up to you.

VIP Member

to break the news is after 3months. B4 dat, pantang. Most ppl believe, evil eyes, pantang, miscarriages

Yes. U shd announce after the 3th month