Pregnancy news

I told my/hubby's immediate family of my pregnancy at week 6 but when I told my dad I wanted to tell the news to other relatives after 3 months, my dad keeps comparing this to my cousin who didn't tell us she had cancer until she was in her final moments which really infuriated me because it's clearly not the same!! As a father of 2 miscarriages himself, how do I convince him that this is normal?? Already pregnancy makes me emotional and I really don't want my pregnancy to give me this kind of unnecessary drama

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Breaking a good news and bad news to the family is different, why isn't your Dad seeing this point? Anyway i m at Wk 28 and my FIL still doesnt know about it. I just met him last weekend at their home and i guess he still didnt notice my bump.. MIL wants to continue to keep the news underwrap. Some FIL family members met me but nobody seems to realize, so actually it can be a hush hush affair it seems.

Read more

Wow its really two diff things. U can let him know that u will share the good news after some scans as baby is still tiny and growing.. Etc. I only shared w my family after first trim 😅

Do u have a sibling? if yes, and your sibling understands what you're saying, perhaps u can let your sibling help u convey your feelings to your dad.

I wont listen to my dad if he compares smthg taht cannot be comapred. Also its your choice do what makes you happy and dont worry about others.

Huh the comparison … i cannot brain. For me i would ignore and just do whatever i want lol

Dont be affected by him, not worth it, we have your support here! :)

If anything happens you tell him he will be 100% responsible for it

TapFluencer

😣

💕