Sharing of pregnancy

How many of you told your family members when you found out that you are pregnant? My husband forbids me to tell anyone including my mother as he feels that we should only announce during second trimster

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My husband and I were quite chillax and we told immediate family first. Then we told close friends even tho we didn’t hit our 2nd tri yet. We figured, even if we had a miscarriage, we have these people who we love and trust to journey with us through that. By sharing I could also go to people for advice and help when I was going through all that first trimester nonsense - nausea, fatigue, body pain etc. with my close family and friends. Support was very important for me even if they could do nothing to help, even a listening ear was good. I think ultimately it depends on what both of you agree on. If one feels uncomfortable sharing, it’s best to respect one another’s opinion especially since you are partners in this. If you wish to share, express your reasons on why you prefer to let people know.

Read more

I told my chief coz I must transfer back to another branch if I pregnant due to my present workplace doesn’t safe for pregnant then end up everyone in the company know 5555555 after that too many question come from many ppls 🙄 but my mom and my family don’t know yet ,only my hubby know I m pregnant. At first,I m quite stress coz I heard need to keep secret for 1st trimester . I miscarriage 2 times last year.ANYWAY LET’S IT GO that I tell myself .

Read more

Depends on your beliefs. I wanted to keep a secret from my parents but my mum and mil being the cook in the house, I’m trying to eat healthy and sometimes is rude to say I couldn’t eat luncheon meat / process food all that. Hence I told them even before I am 2nd trimester. I also told my close friend because I wanted her to protect me when we are Taylor swift concert. It depends on u. If there is a need, just say and it’s ok.

Read more

I told my own parents when I first found out I’m pregnant. Grandma & aunt around 3m) Mil around 5m (rs wasn’t good that time). I thought of only announcing after the “safe to tell” weeks but as first time parents, I felt like I needed guidance on what to do next (otherwise to us is ok pregnant, then now what?). My parents helped me a lot on guiding me what hospital or gynae to pick and what to do etc.

Read more

I told my parents and inlaws abt it, as I'm very muxh of a foodie so there's some restrictions altho I still eats most of what I eats (fried, processed, spicy etc). and my BFF too cause she's also preggy and we can share our preggy pains tgt somehow. 😅 not forgetting my boss too, bcos there's frequent appts to attend to.

Read more

I only told my parents & office (as there is some offsite coming and i dont plan to travel during my first trimester). I think as long as it’s clear on why we told them its okay. As long as not like posting in social media or tell all the friends🤧

My husband forbids me from telling anybody about our second pregnancy, but he told his mother. And it’s my parents who actually look after our firstborn.

i have tell my parents and in laws too. just a confidante whom i asked about subsidised route 🙈 i