Taking Aspirin during pregnancy

Anyone is taking Aspirin during the pregnancy? I have stroke history & i have stopped taking it for the past 1year. My gynae and neurologist warned me that I must take because it’s a high risk pregnancy. I realised I actually gained weight & became ‘swollen/bloated’ after taking it daily. I was maintained at 51-52kg till 24weeks and now 55kg at 26.3weeks today. I feel my appetite became bigger too. Anyone experience the same thing too?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’m taking aspirin too since my 3rd week pregnancy. Now I’m on 35 weeks. I’m at high risk too and was told that the aspirin could reduce my risk of having pre-eclampsia/eclampsia. Since then I have been taking it religiously. My BP has been good, around 11x-12x but never pass 130. I notice that taking aspirin in long term could irritate my gastric, therefore I tried taking it straight after food. (In the past, I had been taking aspirin for few years, yes it jeopardise my gastric and my doc prescribed me with another meds to protect my gastric, so I will need to take both meds within 5-10 minutes gap.) I did have cravings and big appetite, but not sure if it’s due to the aspirin. I gained around 3-4 kg each month during 2nd trimester and end up with gestational diabetes. For the first trimester I din really gain weight due to the duphaston that I’m taking is making me nauseated and not able to eat well. During 2nd and 3rd trimester I had my diet strictly controlled and managed to have satisfactory glucose blood profile. Don’t worry about putting on weight, for me as I started my pregnancy slightly obese, my max satisfactory weight gain is 11kg. I was gaining almost 9kg during my 2nd trimester, however it was maintained well with strict Low GI diet. Now my weight has been increasing slowly, some weeks are stagnant. Few weeks ago I got nosebleed, reported to gynae and he suspected it’s due to aspirin. However the aspirin will be stopped once I reached 36 weeks. Good luck with your pregnancy!

Read more
4y ago

Thank u so much!

No such experience. But if you doctor advice you to take it. Then follow his advises.