Duvadilan (Isoxsuprine)

I went to my ob yesterday because i was having mild contractions (i am 26 weeks and 2 days). After the examination (ultrasound and ie), she said i had an infection (i use napkin because when i cough or sneeze i pee a little). I was given vaginal suppository and isoxsuprine and was told the latter was to avoid preterm labor. My question is if its supposed to avoid preterm labor, why am i having contractions? Although the difference between contractions aren't close, it still worries me. Can anyone here help me? I've already sent a msg to my OB and she hasn't answered yet. TIA

11 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply
VIP Member

Same case. Mild contractions, vaginal infection plus diagnosed with placenta previa (lining of the placenta is on top of the cervix) same thing din prescribed sakin OB ko suppository and isoxuprine. Iniiwasan kasi mag tuloy tuloy ung contractions mo kasi pwedeng bumukas agad ung cervix mo and you dont want that lalo na kung hindi pa full term si baby mo. Iam on my 34th week right now and OB advised me to keep on taking isoxuprine parin lalo na kung malala ung contractions ko. (yung tipong hindi ko na kinakaya) kasi hindi pa sya full term. Unless we reached 37 weeks na. Nothing to worry atleast mabusisi ang OB mo

Magbasa pa

Yes momshie. Dapat mo talagang itake yan lalo kung may infection ka,at madalas magcontractions lalo na kung matagal pa bago ka manganak,di dapat mapaaga pagcocontract ng tummy mo. Maselan ka kaya ka pinapagtake ng duvadilan,i also take duvadilan when i got pregnant last year dahil sa maselan kong pagbubuntis. Duvadilan para sa contractions yan na walang tigil,i mean mayat maya contractions. Nagpreterm delivery ako,noong nov 18 at 35weeks,pero edd ko Dec 21 pa. Awa ng dyos di na naincubate si baby. Kasi nasa 2kilos naman siya.

Magbasa pa

Hi! Same case here. I was prescribed duvadilan and flagystatin (I don't know if that's the exact name, can't remember hahaha). Aside from taking those medicines, you really need to have bed rest. That will allow your body to relax a bit and to rest. Also, try not to be stressed. :) Finish your medication, take plenty of water, and always inform your OB in case the contraction gets unbearable or you have spotting. God bless!

Magbasa pa

I take duvadilan 4 times a day, and i'm at 28 weeks now. I still have mild contractions every now and then although I've been on duvadilan since my 16th week. I also take heragest once a day. Stay in bed muna, Mamshie. Try to relax and keep on praying. Our bodies are all wired differently, therefore different reactions to medication. Just follow your OB.

Magbasa pa

You have to stay in bed. Completed bed rest is better. Na kahit umihi, sa kama lang dapat. Until makabalik ka sa ob mo. Medicine is not the only thing that will help you na di mag contract. But taking care of your mind body and soul will help you a lot too.. So stay in bed po.

Ako rin nagtetake ng duvadilan everytime na sumasakit at naninigas tyan ko..kase nga raw nagcocontract yung tyan ko..baka raw mapaaga panganganak ko..kaya umiinom ako nun pag lang iba yung nararamdaman ko sa tyan ko..

You're having contraction bcoz you have an infection that could lead to preterm labor. Duvadilan relaxes our uterus and lessen contraction. Take it as per your OB's advise, more bed rest and be stress free.

VIP Member

Infection daw po kase can cause contraction. Ganyan din po ako nung mga 20weeks pa lang ako nagka infection dahil nmn sa tubig.. isoxilan nmn po yung reseta ng ob ko.

contractions can cause pre term labor. if you ate contracting it could open your cervix thus will lead to labor - lalabas n ung baby mo ng wala sa oras

Pinapainom din ako ng ob ko ng duvadilan(isoxsuprine) at tsaka duphaston kahit high lying ako, kasi may contractions ako.. Okay lang po ba yon?

4y ago

Thank you po sa advice.