How your husband support you during your first time pregnancy

I am week 12 pregnant and first time pregnant. The thing is my partner and i are not married yet so after finding out I am pregnant we decide to get married. Our families and friends also didn't know I am pregnant as we decide to wait for the NIPT test to be out before announcing. But I feel that although marriage is in plan but throughout these few weeks, I didn't get any support from my partner. We decided to keep the baby as after our discussion we decide to start a family and move on to the next phase of life. We are in our forties. But as weeks passed since knowing I am pregnant I feel I am not getting any support from my partner, we lived separately still. He is just not proactive and alot of things like marriage stuff, I am the one finding and I just feel jaded and no motivation anymore to do anything about it. I feel abit regretful in keeping the baby as I have no family, friends to discuss my situation and my partner is just non-chalant about alot things. His talks are louder than his actions I feel. He is still living his single life. I have no confident in him being a husband and father now. I express my concerns to him before but after awhile back to square one. I feel so loss now as I don't know what to do now with a baby in me. Anyone has similar situation as me?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My husband is 5yrs younger than me. I'm almost reaching 40. He likes to play computer games and meet his friends etc. But we have been actively trying and he was quite excited when I got pregnant. So far, he still plays his game and meet go out to meet his friends but he has also been extra attentive to me at home. I think since both of u are single and in Ur 40s, he has been living a carefree single life for so long. It is hard for him to change his lifestyle overnight. That will take time. you need to sit him down and tell him u need his support in this. For me I will keep sending my husband articles about pregnancy to keep him updated about my situation so he is aware what I am gg through. Also some guys are quite bochup about wedding plans since the bride is always the one who makes most decisions and we are more particular about details. I would advise you to carefully walk through this next step in Ur life, don't stress urself out. Being pregnant is not easy. U dont need unnecessary burden and stress to add on to it.

Read more