Gardnerella Vaginalis Pregnancy

I am 9 weeks pregnant my second pregnancy , I had a called from the doctor saying my swap test came out that I am positive Gardnerella Vaginalis. After hearing the news I am feeling extremely down, no appetite to eat felt like It’s my fault for not getting swap before planning to be pregnant. I am prescribe with antibiotics hoping to cure. After reading all the outcomes in google made me feel worse about myself. I talked to my husband but he doesn’t know how to advise me because literally he don’t know how being pregnant is like. Im sorry to rant out here because I didn’t feel like breaking the news to my family n friends that we are pregnant, plus now that we found out I’m positive GV. Please share some advise if you have gone through it, what are the treatments and could it be completely recover? Will i be able to safely deliver the baby? I’m so scared because I don’t want to lose my baby.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was tested positive twice. Once at week 13 and another at week 36. but honestly after having antibiotics at week 13 , there is still discharge but I can't be bothered about it and accept it. At week 36 when I'm nearing labour, I asked the gynae if I'm still gv positive. so she tested for me again and yes im positive again but I highly suspect it didn't cleared since week 13 after having antibiotics. don't worry too much. I gave birth at week 38 thereafter. just don't bothered too much even if there is still discharge with foul smell lol.

Read more

Thank you for the advise mummies, I teared up a little reading all your comments. (Happy tears) I’m glad for this platform, knowing other mummies are gg through it too. Currently I’m also adding yakult as additional probiotic hoping to cure soon.

Hi Mummy, Please don’t worry and be positive. This can be treated completely with antibiotics. Trust your body and your doctor.

I got it too and it cleared up after a round of antibiotics. Dont read too much into it :) my readings were abnormally high xD

Hi mummy! Please don’t stress yourself too much, this can be treated with antibiotics- oral or pessary. Jiayou!

don't worry. I got it too. treat with antibiotics and I'm ok already. I'm now in 18th week.

Dont worry it can be easily treated with antibiotics!