Maternity Leave

I was wondering if its really possible to fully recover after delivery in 2 months? Because boss wants me to go back to work 2 months after giving birth.?

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My second eldest sis also returned to her work place after 2 months of delivery. But just an advise, make sure ur company is willing to give u back ur remaining 2 months of maternity leave and it must be written black and white. For my sister case, her company initially said will allow her to claim her raining 2 months of Maternity leave when she is back to work. And when she wanted to claim, the company twisted their words and said it was an mutual agreement that you will forgo it. My sis did try to bring up this case to MOM, however, there is not they could do n eventually my sis quit that lousy job.

Read more
5y ago

Thats what im afraid of, the company gg back on their agreement. Thanks so much!

You are entitled for 4 months. Your boss doesn't have the right to say that. Don't give into your boss request. You need to take care of yourself first. I was like u. For my first preganacy I went back in 2 months. The other two months they compensate me in cash. Put money aside, I was very tired body was recovering as well as night feeding. Next day at work my boss pass remarks "why r u so tired" such a ridiculous question.

Read more

Almost at my 2 months mark now.. Caring for baby can be really tiring.. And you need time to understand and bond with baby. Unless you have very strong support (eg from parents or in laws) to care for your baby and not place in infant care, I think its advisable to take at least 4 months or as long as you can.

Read more
Super Mum

Whether u recover or not, ur boss can't ask you to return at his request. You are entitled to your 16 wks of maternity leave (i assume your child is Singaporean herr). If you retuen before 16 wks, make sure you have the remaining 8 wks to be taken within the 1st year of your child's born date.

Super Mum

Possible, but since the 16 weeks is your entitlement. Your boss cannot cut you short of it.. Unless there’s agreement of how you can take the remaining 8 weeks

Hi, It is possible as it was natural birth but you are entitled to your 16 weeks of maternity leave and I would suggest you use it :)

Depends on individual and how you take care of yourself especially during confinement. If everything goes well. 2 mth is reasonable

VIP Member

Yes possible, but make sure you got someone to look after your baby. You can continue ur maternity leave whenever u want..

Reaching my 2 months leave in a few days time and my csect stitches hasn't fully healed. It all depends on your body.

20 years back Maternity leave in Singapore was only 2 months, so most of them used to go back to work after 2 months