maternity leave

If my baby after delivery few months i only get citizenship can claim back the maternity leave?

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Q7: My employee is the father of a non-Singapore Citizen child. Is he eligible for PL? A7: No. Eligibility for PL is based on the child’s citizenship status, not the parents’. Should the child obtain Singapore Citizenship status within 12 months from delivery, your employee will be eligible for PL from the point all eligibility criteria is met. I found this in mom but only for PL That why confuse

Read more
TapFluencer

16 weeks of Maternity Leave for singapore citizens baby 12 weeks of Maternity Leave for non citizen baby Unable to claim back cause employer need your baby birth cert to claim ML from government https://www.mom.gov.sg/employment-practices/leave/maternity-leave/eligibility-and-entitlement

Read more

both husband & wife are PR during delivery? If that is the case, you cant claim back 4mth ML. Coz you cant choose your baby citizenship status. If u deliver after u got citizenship, then u can entitle 4mth ML. PR status during delivery 2mth ML only.

VIP Member

If at the moment you deliver and you are a citizen then yes , if its months later than there is no such thing that you can claim back maternity leaves.

If baby is born in Singapore and you chose the baby to be Singaporean, I think you will be entitled. Don't think there is such thing as claim back.

If baby is born in Singapore and you chose the baby to be Singaporean, I think you will be entitled. Don't think there is such thing as claim back.

Super Mum

maternity leave is based on the citizenship of the baby. You will need to sponsor your baby’s application for citizenship after you get yours.

Claim back? If baby is citizen you automatically get 16 weeks

VIP Member

Perhaps you can check with your HR directly.

VIP Member

I don’t think you could