Pregnancy anxiety?

Prior to being pregnant, I travel quite a bit and my last trip was right before I got pregnant. My husband doesn’t slow me to travel when I am pregnant, but somehow, I start to feel emotional and upset when my husband will constantly remind me of the uncertain travel plan which trigger my anxiety so bad that I would almost cry on the spot. The thought of my life going to change drastically caused me to fear quite abit ..like even at my last 4 months before the baby arrives , I have to keep coming to terms and resign to fate that life is going to change drastically… I do look forward to having a baby and being a responsible mum but I also know, life after having a baby will change unlike my husband thinking it’s going to be so easy like we can travel after the child is born .. I am not someone that will leave my child with helper and grandparents to go overseas.. Maybe is my anxiety , maybe it’s my immaturity.. I went home and broke down in the toilet but I really can’t help but to feel very upset .. I have no avenue to voice out but I can only rant here… 🥺

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Tis is my 2nd pregnancy n i travelled twice this round to bkk (prev pregnancy was a nightmare wif a lot of scary days). I am also not someone who will throw my kid in sg n travel myself (many of my frens will just do tat). U can still travel with baby one.. i travelled when my ger was 1+ liddat (before that covid also).. she is not easy thou coz she is like me, dont sleep easily and gets cranky on the plane. Jiayou!!

Read more
6mo ago

A lot of my friends does that too… but I am pretty certain i will not do it.. somehow just quite sian… even if can bring baby, also cannot so carefree 🙃🙃🙃

You do you. And a gentle reminder that most guys are less sensitive when it comes to child caring. Sit down and talk to him. Maybe he has it all planned out nicely?

6mo ago

Somehow he thinks that after giving birth, and after the confinement period, things will be back to the same. Because we spoke about confinement lady and he mentioned “if we don’t hire 1 since we already have helper at home, the most tiring period will only be 1 month at the most” ..he probably thinks that helper does wonder but I think coming to caregiving of a child , I prefer parents to be hands on instead of the helper… he doesn’t realise how draining it’s going to be as the child grows older and needs more attention.. I am a free soul to begin with but somehow I have learnt to come to terms that life will never be the same after having a child if I choose to hands on thus I was yearning to travel with him just once before the baby pop since we never had honeymoon .. I feel I don’t want to have any regrets in life but he doesn’t see it.. he feels we should be saving up for the upcoming baby.. 🥹

TapFluencer

🙏💕