Travel during pregnancy

Hi! I am currently 9 weeks pregnant and am planning to travel to Tasmania in mid April ( around 15-16 weeks then). I have not asked my gynae yet but is that an okay period to travel during pregnancy (other than Covid concerns)? Any things I need to be aware of if planning to travel (eg insurance etc)?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I traveled to the US last month when I was 12w pregnant. I asked my doctor first and she gave me a greenlight and expressed no concern, especially because I’ve been boosted. It was 18hrs flight each trip and it wasn’t bad at all. Just make sure you drink plenty of water and pack some food/snack (in case you don’t like the inflight meals). Oh, and I didn’t purchase any travel insurance. But thankfully, all is good! Didn’t catch any covid and the last ultrasound i had after the trip showed the baby’s doing fine 🥰

Read more

if you do not have any complications during your pregnancy, it is safe to travel .. i just got back to singapore on a 16 hours flight at 19weeks .. all is good . singapore airlines will need a gynae letter stating safe to flight if you are 28th week to 32weeks .. above that, most airlines will not take you. 9 weeks preganant should be okay. but id suggest you travel only after your 1st trimester or ask your gynae for proper advice.

Read more

I'm having very similar situation as you! currently 7 weeks in, and travelling in late April and will be 15weeks by then! I know there is general maternity insurance but not too sure if travel insurance have now morphed for covid. for travel wise, definitely will look to get clearance during my 9 week and 12 week gynae visits.

Read more
2y ago

I'll also let you know if I find any. in fact, I haven't even booked my tickets as I prefer to wait till the scans :)