Working mummies! Planning (want) to go back to work after maternity leave?

I want and plan to go back to work 8 weeks after I give birth (and use my remaining maternity leave for whenever my LO needs me). But all infant care near my area is full!!! 😭 Ah well, looks like will have to discuss abt the plan with hubby again... Working mummies! How are your plans for returning to work (or not) after maternity leave, and what did you do to mitigate the problems that blocked them?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I planned to return to work 4 to 5 months after I give birth since it doesn't matter for me on how long I want to rest due to contract renewal upon my return. Mainly due to possible postpartum recovery for both mental and physical as I had mild anxiety problems. My only concern is my health postpartum, childcare arrangements and baby's needs by then which will heavily impact my decision on when I'll be back to work. Mitagation of my problems for these would be: 1. My baby's needs or my health by then: negotiate with my employer on the workload and working hours/arrangement. (if there's a need to make changes due to health isssues or baby's needs) 2. Childcare Arrangements: I am working on backup plans should my family members had issues caring for my baby while I am away. Worse come to worse would be engaging infantcare services or I had to stop working full-time which I didn't really want to for either due to financial constraints.

Read more