staycation during pregnancy

I can understand if my family or relatives advice me against travelling during my pregnancy regardless which trimester in. But when I told my mother I was going to do a staycation (babymoon, and I'm in week 26), she wasnt happy about it and told me that anything can happen and said if it's to go 'dating' with my husband, it can wait until after I deliver. I was thrown off. I said it's just to enjoy this time and relax before the baby comes and I wasn't gonna do any dangerous activities. Probably enjoy the hotel room and lounge at the pool. It would be harder to get private and quality time with my husband after delivery. She muttered something and said 'dangerous' (going back to the staycation topic) so I asked "okay if I can't do a staycation, where exactly can I go or do to relax?" "You can visit your parents and your grandparents." I was stunned, got really mad. And walked away because if I stayed I would have started shouting. By the way, my mother lives with me and I see grandparents every 2 - 3 weeks with my father who stays with them. I think if she had her way she'd probably chain me to the bed until I have my baby. Have you ever had this happen to you before?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Err no, I'm in control of my own life, I know my mum is good but I will stil have my own mind n stick to my own decision. I dont really like being told what u can or cant do, as I'm matured enough to make decisions.