So sad and depressedšŸ˜­

Dear c sec mommies. was wondering if your csec scar transforms over time? from a scar close to invisible to something so visible? the top photo was taken right before my massage session and the bottom one was taken 1 week post massage. I was 6 weeks pp when i decided that i was ready for my massage i trusted the auntie that massaged me since she was experience since it was 6 weeks pp she felt that it was okay ti massage around the tummy area , also claiming that if i wasnt a csec patient the pressure applied would be harder after the 2nd session i feedback to her and told her not to massage my lower abdomen as it was close to the csec scar and i was uncomfortable I also wore a binder , the cloth type that she manually wraps around my body and ties a knot in the middle. itā€™s tight but bearable , she also placed a clean sanitary pad at the bottom knot closest to my csec scar so that it doesnt interfere with it however, pressure is still there when i sit, breast feed my baby at night and go to the toilet it was uncomfortable but i trusted her, since she is the person of expertise. over time i realised my scar got redder and now raised a little i asked her if it was normal and she said yes it is because my tummy has shrunk, hence causing the scar to be visible šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø i told her i was sad that my scar was not as pretty as before. all she said was ā€œall csec scars are like thatā€ if she had told me it would result in that, i would have never gone for a massage. we paid good money for a private doctor and i was super happy and proud of my scar whenever inlook at it now when i look at it i feel guilty for not taking care of my body, i feel ugly. i broke down and cried to my hubby saying that this is not how it should be . but he kept consoling me and said that all scars are like that. iā€™ve been feeling so depressed ever since. looking at my perfect scar to something that could have been prevented. this is why i have always been skeptical about traditional approaches. but again i have nobody to blame but myself i should have trusted my instincts and stopped the massage right away. why am i so stupid. fixing things that arent brokenšŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

So sad and depressedšŸ˜­
4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It could be keloids which is something you can't control. It's the skin producing too much collagen that sometimes you get raised bumps and reddish/blackish scars once the wound starts to heal. But it doesn't affect your internal organs. Tbh, your scar doesn't look so bad! But do continue using a scar gel/cream, it might help the scar from getting darker. Be proud of your csec scar. You brought a baby into this world!

Read more
Super Mum

Hey Mama, sorry youā€™re going through this. Scars usually get worse before they get better because the body is trying to strengthen the weak spot. Try a scar cream to help maybe? Be proud of your scar, you gave birth to your baby!

dont be sad mummy.. the scare made us all beautiful šŸ˜˜ think positive k

Im also under private, and This scar is totally normal after awhile.