Stress from not having milk

I swear to God my breastfeeding journey from baby birth till now is unpleasant. I was wondering anyone knows of any supplement that help with breast milk supply? I’m really in much stress.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If u have just given birth, then it’s normal. Milk will only kick in a few days later. Mine came on the 3rd or 4th day. Just keep on latching. The more u latch, the more milk u will produce. You’re telling your body that u need more milk. If your baby isn’t latching well, make sure u keep on pumping. Every 3-4 hours is a good amount! Other than that, can try boosters like oats, dates, fenugreek. Also don’t stress so much cause that could cause the milk to drop! Mine dropped a lot during CB cause I was under so much stress handling work and taking care of baby at home. So please don’t stress! Try massaging your boobs. Or try the heat method. Take a towel, dip it in warm water and placed it on your boobs for awhile. Good luck mama!

Read more
Super Mum

GNC fenugreek Legendairy has a range of lactation supplements Just bear in mind that these may or may not work for you. you might also want to find the right drink or food that help you eg, green papaya fish soup, overnight oats (flaxseed, brewers yeast are some of the ingredients that are milk boosters), or even bubble milk tea, etc. for me, keeping hydrated works best, sometimes avocado milk works too.

Read more

It's really normal not to have alot of milk after birth. It may takes days for your milk production to come. Keep latching cos this will stimulate your milk production to produce more milk. Try all the natural milk booster like drinking more water, eating oats, etc. If it still doesn't work then go for the lactation cookies all that.

Read more
TapFluencer

don't stress yourself BM works in supply and demand you can try pumping after nursing to stimulate more milk or you can eat milk booster food. https://www.instagram.com/p/CFoBEtAnK5W/?igshid=1llz7dhxn1rkk if you need help feel free to DM me

Read more

apart from taking supplement, do u want to try power pumping to boost milk supply? pump every 3hoursly including midnight and monitor the supply for 1 week later. midnight is important as milk-making hormone is most active at the night time.

3y ago

I did pump and latch but then although now it’s kicking in, it’s not a lot per session if I pump it out. I only can produce a max of 100ml per pumping session. I know I’m pumping wrong because I can still feel my milk inside my breast. And at the same time I’ve been experiencing letdowns now and engorged breast.

TapFluencer

yes i was extremely stressed too... that probably exacerbated the issue... bo pian mixed with FM & stopped at 6mo

3y ago

Yeah worrying cus she got jaundice and very upset cus she needs it and I can’t give