Low milk supply

Hello mummies, anyone experiencing low milk supply and how to increase it? 7 weeks postpartum but my milk supply for one day can only last for one feed and I’ve been giving formula milk for the rest of the feed. This has caused me tremendous stress as I really want to give breast milk for my child but with the low supply it’s impossible. So worries that my child might not revived the right nutrition with FM as compared to BM. Please help :(

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Stress is the biggest milk killer. Older generations and most of us are probably formula fed and grew up well, nothing lesser than bm fed babies. Stop looking at the amount, give what you have. Drink more water/soups, take sunflower lecithin, take lactation cookies/bakes if you feel that it will help (I didn’t take this so I can’t advise). I personally feel that sunflower lecithin really helps a lot. I also take legendairy milk bundles. Check your flange size, don’t skip pumps, sip on water before, during and after pumping. Try pumping after a warm shower, try hand expressing. Most importantly, stop stressing. I know it’s easier said than done but you have to try. I’ve been thru what you’re experiencing now and bf/ep was never easy to begin with. You can try watching dramas during pump sessions, cover the bottle if needed, don’t bother about the amount, don’t care about what’s going on in the bottle, focus on your phone or play with your baby. Goodluck!

Read more
12mo ago

Exactly! I broke down too many times because of the pressure. But it’s okay, this phase will be over and we can get over it 💪🏼

TapFluencer

Apart of eating food that would help with milk supply, you can also top up with lactation supplements such as these from legendairy- https://s.lazada.sg/s.bTNWe?cc or https://s.lazada.sg/s.bTlKk?cc Along with that, power pump at least once a day for a week until you see your milk supply increase before you stop. Whenever you see it drop, start power pumping again. Lastly latch your baby whenever you can, regardless you have sufficient milk flowing or not. Your baby needs to send signal to your body to produce milk on demand. Breastfeeding is hard work but when you finally reach the sweet spot, it’s all worth it! Good luck!

Read more
12mo ago

Does legendairy work? Initially intended to fry but not sure of the reviews. Currently I’m taking fenugreek tablets and seeing slight increase. Trying my best to find time to power pump 😢

Green papaya with fish soup. Have steamed threadfin, salmon and cod fish. All these helps me and drink at least 2 litre of water. Avocado, almond milk helps too

12mo ago

Thank you for the reco! Will try out the foods recommended :)

My doctor gave me domperidone pills, it helps though I don’t pump religiously (doing mixed feeding) Fed is best!

12mo ago

My next polyclinic checkup will be end of the month so will be back and try to update your :)