My baby is 2mths 24days now... I have low supply of breast milk. Very keen to get milk supplement from other mummies rather then top up with FM. but my worries is how would I know is the milk safe to consume ? e.g is the mummy in healthy condition ? How was the milk being handled ? etc...

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can take a look at this page: https://www.facebook.com/hm4hbSingapore/home It is the community for sharing breastmilk in Singapore. Typically, the donor will provide information in which you can read through and find one that best suits your baby. You can then contact the donor and I think you can clarify any other questions you may have. Hope this helps! In the meantime, you can try to pump more, experiment with different milk boosters, drink more water and get as much rest as you can. Hang in there mummy!

Read more

Hihi, I'm an oversupply mummy donor at HM4HB. I just gave out 30 packs of fbm. The admin will do a quick scan before allowing donors posts to be listed. But to play safe, you can use the flash heating method to pasteurize the milk before feeding. See YouTube link below. Should be safe as this method is even used in Africa to kill HIV virus in milk. https://youtu.be/Y1_TZe3CY8A

Read more

I can donate u some frozen stash milk. I am a just nice supply mum. Just that baby not drinking a lot so I hv excess. She's 5.5mths now. I dun smoke or drink. Generally I eat anything and everything to keep myself healthy n get supply boost via food boosters n not medicine or any herb. If u r keen can pm me

Read more

I wish there were milk banks in Singapore so moms with low supplies can go to an official accredited facility to get the milk they need for their babies. Milk banks, like blood banks, would have supplies that are screened so there won't be any doubt whether or not the milk is safe and suitable for baby.

Read more
8y ago

if Milk bank by then the milk will be chargeable?

Hi, I'm a oversupply mummy. I can donate some breastmilk to you if you need them. :)