Just gave birth

Hi mommies, I just gave birth to a baby girl yesterday. It was a quick and smooth labour, took about 1.5 hours. Im feeling emotional and stress now cos bb is having trouble latching and my milk supply isnt great either :( Is this normal, and when can I get milk supply? Thank you

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes normal! Milk normally will start to come the next day or few after birth but keep on latching cos it'll stimulates the milk production. Don't fuss or stress about it cos when you're stress it'll also affect your milk's production. For a gd latching, try to hold your breast in a C manner with your hand then play around your nipple to your baby's upper lip. Your baby will auto open her mouth for a gd latch. Her mouth should be latching some of your areola not your nipple only.

Read more
Super Mum

Yes it’s normal. Are you a FTM? Get some help from the lactation nurses. Don’t rush and be relax. Your state of mind affect your milk supply too. 🙏 congrats!

Hi, Yes this is normal. Please don't stress too much on it. The milk supply increases with time so just don't worry and keep latching