Confinement

Why I shouldn't go out during my 1 month confinement ?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

I went out a lot during the first month after delivery. It was a combination of bringing baby for multiple check ups for jaundice, and sometimes just to walk around my neighbourhood for my sanity (I can’t stay in the house all day long every day). Pregnancy and labour takes a huge toll on your body, so it’s essential that you get to rest and recover especially during the first month after delivery. That’s why many mums practise confinement. I didn’t, and I’m fine, but I think that if you’re okay with resting at home, it’s definitely good for you:)

Read more
VIP Member

It’s to avoid catching a cold or falling sick as pregnancy and the process of giving birth makes your immune system weaker than usual. You will also avoid bringing home germs to your LO. Hence, lots of rest and confinement food is encouraged during the 1 month to aid your recovery.

Super Mum

I think it's more of a cultural belief than anything. I didn't practice confinement as I recovered quickly and felt fine after a week. As long as you take care of yourself and baby, confinement or not shouldn't matter.

I went out only for the necessary gynae and pd visits and 1 photoshoot session. Rest of time stayed home to rest. Its also super inconvenient and not so advisable to bring baby out at such young age anyway.

Wear long sleeves and Jeans... just dont catch a Cold. I went out 2 weeks aft delivery and after that every week for a while to supermarket or to pd... Too boring at home...

Cuz ur body is very weak. Will get sick easily. I went out awhile to nanny hse to see my baby awhile come home I got fever. So best to stay home n rest.

becos aftr delivery ,ur immune system weak and loss lot of blood so u might get dizzy n faint outside, so its better to get more rest

VIP Member

heard is avoid wind? but I went out v frequently during my first 2 wk bc my baby need go polyclinic to check for his jaundice

VIP Member

I think there's no hard and fast rule, just that it's best to get proper and sufficient rest during this one month

VIP Member

It’s more of a cultural belief. Most “angmos” didn’t do confinement and they are still doing fine.