Cried during confinement

I just gave birth and now still in confinement It was a stressful one for me, my mom wanted to help me but turns out everything went wrong. I cried during confinement but was told that i will go blind or my eyesight will be worst un the future, is that true?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi mama, I am sorry to hear you’re not feeling very good. It’s normal for mamas to be hit with baby blues postpartum as the hormones peak at the birth of baby and come crashing down thereafter. So it’s important to take care of your well being too. Take a walk when you need with baby and try not to be cooped up too much at home. Even a walk downstairs at the void deck will help. Movement brings about the happy hormone endorphins! So that definitely helps to lift spirits. Find things to do that bring joy to you. Have lots of skin to skin contact with baby. Abs for the record - no you will not go blind!!! I’m sure it’s just your mum worried about you and not wanting you to cry your eyes out. ❤️❤️❤️ Big hugs mama!

Read more

Please never ever believe ridiculous midwives tales like going blind if you cry in confinement. Does not make any sense at all! Whoever said that deserves to be poked in their eyes! So nonsense! No, you will not go blind but please seek help to help you around. Postpartum depression is very dangerous! Your spouse also needs to play his part. Motherhood is exhausting, what more babies don't come with any instructions, like why they cry even after milk feed, diaper change and all. You're not alone but please, please, seek help from your husband. Hang in there ok! You will be alright!

Read more

I haven gone blind at least. I cried alot during confinement because i felt very overwhelmed and bad because alot of things i didnt want to, ended up had to do that way. But i didnt have a confinement lady, no one to help except my husband.

I too cried once during my confinement. but wasn't told that I would go blind. I was instead being told that cold wind will enter into your body and its not good for health

not at all, don’t believe silly old wives tales. i’m sure you’re not the only mummy that cries during confinement..