Prenatal Vitamins

I seriously hates taking the prenatal vitamins because I usually feels unwell after taking them ???. Any mummies here have same experiences???

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

I feel you. Was taking GNC pills which were super sticky to your throat when preparing for baby, and I couldn’t keep it down after I got pregnant. Switched to Blackmore, and now trying to finish the bottle so that I can get more dedicated vits from the O&G. I will usually take them before I sleep so that I don’t feel the nausea too much. Don’t feel pressured to take your vits everyday - just trust that your body will do a good enough job. You can adjust your diet to take in more natural sources of the important stuff from daily meals.

Read more

Dear mommies, my gynae told me if it's your first child, usually he/she will be able to get all the necessary nutrients from your body. As long as you have a balanced and healthy diet, it is fine. I feel that if it really makes u feel unwell, you can eat alternate days, because it may be your body or baby telling you "hey, I dislike it or I don't need it". Listen to your body and if necessary, just go for other pre-natal brands 😊

Read more

I got morning sickness. Everytime i eat the prenatal vits, i will vomit out immediately. I tried to eat with peel fresh cramberry and apple juice and swallow it down. So far tried 3 days, successully did it.

Maybe don’t eat on empty stomach? Usually I will take heavy breakfast and then eat the pills. Tends to get better than eating it on empty stomach

For first trimester yes, second trimester onwards I feel ok with supplements. Oh ya, u can try eating with full stomach, u might feel much better

i didnt take any prenatal vits only folic for awhile.. i supplemented it with lots of red meat, veggies, fruits etc.

VIP Member

I hate to eat it because the pills are big. Have hard time to swallow. Haha But i dun feel unwell after taking it

5y ago

Haha yes it's big! I dun have problem swallowing them.. But u always feel very nauseated after taking them..

I have the same experience on the first month., i change to drink formula milk for prenatal instead... al

dont force yourself but eat healthy vitamin also make baby big!!!its funny but true

Super Mum

My wife is on Blackmores Pregnacy Advanced and she is doing well with them