Prenatal vitamins + Anmum milk

Does any expecting mummies here was prescribed 21st Century Prenatal vitamins and drinking Anmum Materna at the same time? I read the label that the vitamins already have 800mg of folic acid + some amount of the same in the anmum milk. Is too much folic acid good or dangerous for pregnancy? I still have ½ a packet of the milk powder & I was prescribed the vitamins today.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can stop folid acid at week 12 onwards and doctor will prescribe you multivitamin. You can drink anmum milk but not everyday. I stopped at week 12, and started drinking milk whenever my body and bby can accept it. Haha

Read more
4y ago

Yes I've stopped the folic acid once I was prescribed the vitamins. I still have ½ packet of anmum left. So sayang wanna throw.

I drank maternal milk in the morning and in the afternoon/evening. Multivitamins any time of the day. I took fish oil and calcium tablets too. And you can continue taking them even after giving birth.

Nope. My gynae told me it’s not necessary. Cos I was prescribed with Obimin (contains folic acid) and another folic acid. So taking pregnancy milk will be overkill. Was advised to take fresh milk instead.

4y ago

Yes, I remember I was told to stop taking the 5mg folic acid at 14 weeks where gynae prescribed me the new multivitamin which is replaced by obimin and that vitamins already contains 800mg of folic acid. Trying not to overdose on folic acid cos I read it is not good for baby. So now I'm taking the multivitamins only as it contains a lot of ingredients. Really regret not asking her before I left. Now I have to wait until next month to see her.

From my knowledge folic acid has to be taken at a certain level at each stage of pregnancy. Pls check with ur gynae to ensure ure not overdosing!

😲