I secretly hate my mil deep down my heart. Tried many times to live harmony with her but this only gives her more chances to get involved in my family life. She always think her decision is correct while mine and hubby decisions are bad one. I know this is normal. She did many things to manipulate us too. I tried to keep quiet and "telan" it but I hate this very very much. I hate people who play tricks to manipulate my life. I can't tell the details here because she has ears everywhere. I want to move out but they build the "fortress" so big so the children can't leave at all. How good if time can be turned back..

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

yea i hate my parent in law too. Over time i also notice they are not what my husband talked so highly about. Yet if anything happen good or bad my stupid hubby always side them without a care n concern for my kids or even my feeling. They r just there to wreck our marriage up. Any hopes of moving out?

Read more
Super Mum

No matter how big the fortress, don’t let that stop you from leaving. Even if you live in a “tiny shoebox” after leaving, a happy home is more important.. ❤️

Buy a unit if possible, or at least rent if due to financial constraints. By not living together will minimise the conflicts and be happier.

Best to not stay with in-laws, stay on your own if it’s possible. Can avoid all these drama and whatnots.

TapFluencer

I feel you! I am somehow in same situation i move out eventually my mil very fake!

Since you’ve seen her true colours, please start to plan for exit moves.

just get out of the house! you can do it...