I really need some advice. Few days before giving birth to my LO, my husband asked me to abort just because he say he does not have money to pay and find it very stressful etc. But now, I've given birth and still on confinement, to be counted as those unlucky ones, I've infections, fever etc. Even after knowing I'm having infections, fever, etc, my husband doesn't even give a damn and even ask me to go work to earn my own medical bill. I really find this marriage hopeless as he also doesn't show any respect to my parents and me. Now that I've given birth, I have a feeling if I were to mention divorce or anything, he gonna be snatching my LO from me. What should I do? He's not a Singaporean, but my LO is. And he intend to bring my LO back to his country and never comes back if I refuse to let my LO to even go back once. Upon hearing this, as a mum, how would I even dare to let my LO go back for just even once? What should I do?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes, as per above advices. Note that even if your LO had a passport, he got no rights to bring your LO out of S'pore without your approval. Especially when your LO is still a baby and is not accompanied by you. You can actually write in to ICA with your predicament; they will make a note and be cautious when your LO travel without your presence. Don't be afraid to approach your area family centre, MCYS etc for assistance. I am sure they should be able to help or direct you to the relevant agencies. There is nothing that can't be resolved. Stay positive and be strong. Mummies here will lend you our support. Take care

Read more