Infant care or MIL

I would prefer sending my baby to infant care when I return to work, but my MIL says she wants to look after her. I thought we could compromise and leave her in infant care for half the day, and let my MIL look after her for the second half of her day. She is insisting that she wants to look after my baby for the entire day. I am not comfortable with it because my FIL always shouts and curse/swear at home. And she also could not tell us what will happen to her daily marketing, because we are not comfortable to let her bring my baby out, especially to the wet market. Also, I'm not a big fan of my MIL. And a first time mum here. Very paranoid my baby will choose my MIL in future if they spend too much time together.

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If i were u, just enroll into infant care but let her know she can pick ur baby up anytime but must inform u first. I think its quite good that she’s trying to help. Just in case ur baby fall sick and cant go to ifc or anyth u have an extra help. Just my thought, but its really up to u.