First gynae appointment during 14 weeks

I only managed to get my first gynae appointment at the hospital next month. I will be about 14 weeks pregnant by then. should I be concern? tried to get an earlier slot but it's all full. :(

57 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Go polyclinic and get them give you referral to nuh a&e. At a&e they refer you to Clinic G under subsidised and do your fetal heartbeat scan at a&e. The follow up is 1 to 2 weeks at Clinic G.

went poly to get referral to KKH. The scheduled slot is in 1 months time! (KKH waiting can be very long) during my wait I went to a private clinic for checkups, which is another option for u as well

VIP Member

Like other mommies mentioned, go to a private clinic and have a check first and start to take folic acid. OSCAR test need to be done before 14 weeks if you choose oscar. NIPT can be done later.

I couldn't get an appointment on time at NUH, so I went to SGH. They have lots of appointments. Don't miss your first trimester scan between 12-14 weeks.

Which hospital are u gg to ? KK usually 1 to 2 weeks later. I think 14 weeks is too late. 8 weeks is the latest and suitable timing, cos u can hear the heartbeat at 8 weeks.

I am always nauseous and vomiting. I'm running 14 weeks now. I am still working which makes it really hard for me. 😔

2y ago

try to drink watermelon juice. it helps w vomitting. don force feed urself. 🤗

VIP Member

Technically, i only found out i am pregnant at 12 weeks. My first gynae visit is at 13 weeks. Still not too. But the moment i know, i start taking obimin

I'm surprised that people need to wait that long for a first appointment. My first one at KKH was arranged within a week, and I was about 5 weeks only.

As long as you're not experiencing cramping or other symptoms you are worried about, should be fine. Check out other options if you can? Just in case.

VIP Member

U better go n check with other clinic .. u must check ur baby n u healthy or not in interval of times .. regular check ups are must in this time