I need some advice. My husband wanna upgrade to EC, and i tempted after he suggested , but in the meanwhile if we sell the hdb no place to stay. My husband suggested stay at his mum place 1st, I disagreed . I tell him i rather cont stay hdb at least i have a roof will do, rather than the torture even a shortwhile staying w his mother because i wanna upgrade. Am i very stubborn or stupid? But how to stay w a MIL that stop ur husband that help u to hang ur cloths from washer machine ( no under garment ) , and he eat dinner late cause he want wait for u back from work to eat together, all not you request, just your husband wanna sayang you, she grumbled.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I will stay at HDB until my EC is ready. I used to stay with my pils before my current place is ready, till now I still regret my decision. My pils are those who have very traditional thinking although they are still working. They will check my cupboard, shopping bag and bank statement to see how much I earn/spend that month without my permission. When my husband and I had a argument, she will always "join" in by telling me how good his Son is and why I am bullying him when he is at fault. Tell my husband not to do housework for me but must do for her (even when I am sick) and many more. Took my branded underwear to wear without my permission. All these not only cause lot of conflicts between me and my pils but affected a lot of my marriage with my husband, I will not stay with them at all anymore should I be able to turn back the time.

Read more
7y ago

Wah. Monster in law!