I just labour on last Friday. Natural assisted vaccum delivery. Understand that there will be pain at the private area. I been having difficulties to walk to even turn my lower body. I don't know is it normal? Alot of people ask me why am I feeling pain after a few days, when they deliver naturally they did not feel that much pain. I wonder if I am really okay. Having hard time to sit on the chair too.

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Depends on the degree of tear and have to keep the wound clean to prevent inflammation. I had natural unassisted birth and no pain after epidural wore off I could walk as per normal after I am allowed to get off bed. My gynae didn't give any anti inflammatory or antiseptic wash, just ask me use water clean, maybe because I seem to look OK. However after I went home the pain got worse over the next few days and even painkillers didn't help much. Seeing me in pain, my CL prepared daily steaming salt bath for me using normal fine salt and a baby potty I just sit on top and the hot steam really helps to sooth the discomfort and I believe helps to bring down the inflammation. U can use Epsom salt which should be even better. Went to see my gynae during 1 week review with lesser pain but there was still some redness and inflammation, he had to cut one stitch to release the pressure and it was really immediate pain relief I tell u. From then on I had no pain at all. So try to keep the wound clean especially with the lochia change the pad more often and clean with water and antiseptic wash after every pee or poo. Oh yes and try not to sit so much I was chided by my CL as it puts pressure there but no choice as I am EP mum pump more than 8x a day then so I guess that's partly why my wound got worse. So lie down whenever u can and rest more!

Read more

Hi, Every individual is different and which is why each person takes his/her own time in healing. May be the same is the case with you. Though, I had a C-section and there wasn't any would around my private area but it took more than a week for my incision at the lower abdomen to get atleast this much better that I could walk. It was terrible for me to take a single step during that one week. And I have friends who used to say that in C-section, I would start walking the very next day. All I mean to say is do not take undue tension, as this stress will affect your healing process. And if it is really bothering and taking away the peace of your mind, please see the gynaecologist. It will be the wisest move, as you will have a clarity about what is going on.

Read more
VIP Member

Yes, it’s normal. The pain lasted a couple of weeks for me. I had to sit on a children swimming float for 3 weeks to relieve the pain while sitting. You can talk to your gynae and they can prescribe anti inflammatory medication. Wash the wound with water after using the toilet and dry properly. Try to rest more also by lying down and not moving so much.

Read more
VIP Member

I had natural with vaccum assisted delivery too. Did you have any tear? I was able to walk shortly after delivery. but during sitting i need a little more time due to the raw skin healing. it took me a week to fully recover from the pain. perhaps you can call your gynae to check? in case there might be an infection?

Read more

I hAd natural with forceps I started walking the same day. There's little pain but is easily numb with Panadol ... did u take any painkiller? Upon discharge not pain except when I sat on the toilet bowl, chair is ok though, maybe u should go back and let ur dr do a check on the wound?

Hello I had natural vacumn assisted delivery too... I can walk after a day but my scar only heal after 2 weeks.. I can feel the pain sitting down and washing that area is painful for 2 weeks... Won't recover that fast... Depends how skillful your gynae is as well...

I'm natural assisted delivery too. I'm still pain even tot ad two weeks. Last check up gyane say that everything is fine. Going back for check up on next week. May I know why ur delivery with assisted? Mine is due to the baby cord too short :(

I think it depends on how big your tear was. I didn't really walk the first 1-2 days. I think sometimes it's also our body's way of adjusting to "trauma" - which frankly speaking birth really is

I had a normal delivery but had a bad tear. I sat on a swimming float at home for at least 4 weeks when I am eating or feeding my baby. Took me close to 6 weeks to recover.

TapFluencer

Different people have different pain threshold level. And it also depends greatly on how big is your tear.