Does Anyone Choose To Skip Both Oscar And Harmony Test?

May I know does anyone choose to skip all the DS test? As I am in dilemma whether should go for any of this test for the peace of mind or should skip it totally. My husband think that all these tests are not necessary.

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Skip all the tests. Only went for the normal check-up and Fetal Assessment. Everything else went smoothly. Have faith in your heart. It is what you want. Each baby is special. And if the baby is different just because of the test, would you take the baby's right away? So it all depends on the Parents. Mostly is how the Mother feel. Be safe. Take care😘

Read more
5y ago

Thanks for your response 😘

VIP Member

Me and my husband decided to not take the tests as we will still keep the baby regardless. And also its not 100% accurate, more like a prediction only. Also we want to be happy throughout the pregnancy and not to think so much just in case the results did not turn so well and ended up being too stress abt it.

Read more
5y ago

Thanks for sharing :)

VIP Member

I skipped all the tests too... I think you should consider qn like if you know there’s a high chance of abnormality, would you continue with the pregnancy or terminate. Would you want to go for amnio thereafter etc etc. Have a chat with your gynae and then discuss with hubby :)

We will have our baby regardless, but wanted to be well prepared for anything special our baby might need ahead of time. We just did FTS (or Oscar) with KKH :) Depends if your finance allows for it, FTS is $300++ and Harmony is quite expensive $800++ (subsidised rate)

5y ago

Thanks for your input :)

All babies are blessings and answered prayer. Trust and have faith that your baby is fine. Me too will skip both. Planning to have the fetal assessment and doppler scan only. Safe pregnancy and healthy baby to us all😊

5y ago

Yup! Hope all of us have a healthy baby😊

I went for few advice and decided to do the check as this is our first one. I realised the subsidiary rates is not worth the wait from gp referral letter and kkh. We went for private at $1,000 panorama

Read more
5y ago

Thanks for sharing :)

For my 1st pregnancy, I did all the tests as I was super excited. But skipped for my 2nd and current pregnancy. Just have to keep on praying for a healthy baby.

5y ago

Thanks for sharing :) yup lets pray for a healthy baby!

Me and my hub decided none is neccessary. So we skipped. The only thing is that, we only get to know gender later like around 5th month.

I was considering to take the test back then! but after much thought no matter what, I'll still want my baby so i decided to pass :)

5y ago

Me too

I didnt take any tests. It depends on you. For me, whatever the diagnosis- normal or abnormal, it's still my baby.

5y ago

Thanks for reply :)