Anyone do OSCAR test and NIPT? Or skip OSCAR just do NIPT?

Pregnancy Test

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

NIPT is a detailed scan where they will tell you if your baby have any abnormalities or diseases on the genes. And you can know the gender of your baby quicker with the OSCAR test. It is more detailed and they will let u know the result in 2-3 weeks time. Doctor will review on your next check up. The price range more higher $1100-$1400 depends on the hospital u go to. I took a subsidy package at NUH and the NIPT test cost me after subsidy $950. While Oscar test is more affordable ranging from $300-$400 but it is not a detailed scan/ test. For me it is about assurance and a peace of mind . I took NIPT instead of OSCAR . The money u pay is worth it and at the end of the day you will not be worried over the condition of your baby. :) Goodluck!!

Read more
1y ago

@Sophia u can email me at [email protected] I will show you the detail results documents what are the screening they test from Your blood test if u are keen :)

I did both because the FTS (i think you guys refer it to as Oscar?) and Harmony (NIPT). FTS has 90% accuracy for down syndrome but it includes birth defects. It is done via ultrasound + blood test, cost about $300-$400. Harmony (NIPT) has 99% accuracy for down syndrome but no birth defect check. It is done solely on blood test, cost $795. I done mine at KKH, can’t exactly remember if the prices include or exclude GST.

Read more

Doing both makes me feel assured and I can better focus on staying happy and stress free during the entire pregnancy know my little one is growing well in my tummy

It depends on your age and doctor’s recommendation. I did Panorama (NIPT).

1y ago

I did both but when the result came out i wish i would have done oscar only hahaha

many mummies do both. both have its advantages over the other

1y ago

I see! Thank you!

Depends on age, gynae recommend Oscar first

I did NIPT only.

I did nipt only.

1y ago

Thank you!