I am an Indian house-wife with two kids, but I really want to pick up some life skills that will help me when my kids grow up. What should I take up?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

You just listed so many qualities that adding any other "life skill" would be redundant. You are not only a strong Indian woman, but also a home-maker taking care of the house, your two kids, and your family as a whole. Having said that if you are really keen to take up a life skill that you feel would help your kids, the best would be reading. if you aren't a reader yet, join a book club and start with reading a minimum of one book per month. Graduate to two per month and develop good reading skills. This will not only rub off on your kids, but also help them understand and see for themselves the wonderful world of literature. A well-spoken and well-read child can communicate better and being knowledgeable is of course, an added benefit. Second, if there was a vocation you always wanted to learn, now is the time. Taking up dancing or singing or even painting etc, can help you learn time management even better and you can teach your kids the same as well. Plus, it also helps that your knowledge of your vocation can be passed on to your kids.

Read more

It’s an ocean of opportunities! Congratulations on taking the first step of wanting to do something. Figure out what makes you happy or tick something off from your bucket list. You never know how life can surprise you more with success and joy! It’s never too late. Home kitchen, yoga, you name it! You can try anything that excites you :) All the best!

Read more
VIP Member

Hi, u can try out swimming, learning another language, yoga, cooking different cuisines, hiking and dancing can be learnt and done with your 2 kids which will add fun and bonding time too :)

What are your interest areas? You can learn a new skill, language, study something, blog, do content writing. Nowadays there are ample opportunities. Just do something that interests you.

Its never to learn anything! Ask yourself first..what interests you? These days there are so many options like content writing, image consulting, reselling, home bakery..etc,