I am 30 years old mom and have 2 kids. But my face never grow old as my age. When i walk alone people around call me "xiao mei /mei mei" in chinese. that make me so..what? Did i really look like teens? This make me not confident and worried. Especially now as i am being mom.And my kids growing up too. My 4yo daughter just starting preschool and i am not confident when attending to school with my daughter. I just irritated people/other parents looking at me as i am under age.Mostly i ask my hubby to go to school. Some people maybe want to look young. But my looks this is to much not suitable with my real age. And make me so not confident as being mom. Any mummy have same experience like me? And how to overcome this? I put on make up and dressed just like other adult ..but doesn't make me look like adult. And sometimes if i dont put on make up , i'll look more more like teens with bare face. Please help!

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I can definitely relate! I don't look younger than my age, but I am a young mum - I'm 21 and have a 2-year-old son. While I can understand why people call me "xiao mei/meimei" when I'm alone (hardly happens though haha), I do get a lot of stares too! All I have to say is that you shouldn't be embarrassed or ashamed of it - that's just how you look, and it's a happy problem to look younger than you are :) While there are still many people who judge young parents, I've come across many that are accepting and encouraging! I get a lot more stares when I'm out with my son AND my dad, because people would be confused about our relationship with one another - we just look too alike. There's nothing wrong with looking young, or being a young mum - so just be who you are! ❤️

Read more

I feel the same sometimes too. Like how people judge that I'm a young parent. But I guess there's nothing much you can do about it. For your case , it's a blessing ! Just embraced you're blessed w a young face 😊 One Tip I try to tell myself every time I attend my daughter school event (tbh I dread them too) is to remind myself I'm here for her, and not for them.

Read more
VIP Member

It's good to look youthful! I am the other way round from you. I'm 25. And im the youngest in my Elder son's class. Everyone though i am 30plus until i revealed my age during one of a group talk. and everyone got shocked. It's good with a young face! Embrace it mummy! Once you get older, you will still look youthful. people will be asking HOW U MAINTAIN IT! :D

Read more

me too. I am 30 and have a son, everyone always say I look like young mom. that kind of look and feeling don't feel good. But I don't care, u just carry on what I am doing is good to look young I always tell myself that. I am small build some more, make me look like underage. :D

VIP Member

i knw wer u r coming frm. u shld b glad n happii abt it. id better to look youthful den old rite. appreciate it. nt everyone has it too. i m in my 30s. but ppl say i look 23 to 25. so i shld be happii abt it. i dun care watt ppl say. just listen. nod n walk off

Read more

Ppl oso call me xiao mei everywhr i go. I find it really pleasing to my ears actually! Isnt it gd tat ppl think tat we look young? I love it lots! If ppl ask if our LO is our son/daughter, wouldnt it be worse? Eg: is he your son or grandson?'

me too 36 if i go out alone, ppl still call me xiao mei or xiao jie...once my girl appear beside me...they immediately change to auntie. lol. just ignore the comment it just a title only. do have confidence in ur self....everyone is unique

!I'm 29 this year with one 2 year old and pregnant with no2... I look like I'm in JC.. no choice.. just have a Kiddy face.. haha but I'm proud of it :)! Don't bother too much of what others think.

I look young for my age too. N I'm happy with that. I'm confident abt myself as a Mother n with me looking young, I'm happy n proud if Ple think that I'm young yet I can do well as a Mother ...

you should be happy! it's good to look young naturally. I'm sure many others would want to switch places with you. don't care what others say. prolly people who are negative or envious of you.