hi, I have went for my first gynae appointment. we did the scan, and could not see anyt.. so he suggested V scan. and saw something, he say it's smaller thn gestational week. but he remained positive and gave me utragestan to help with stabilizing the foetus. and asked me to come back 2 weeks later. he assure me tht it will be fine.. but I still cannot help but cry and worry.. is there any mummy tht went thru this before?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Determining the gestational age by counting weeks is just an estimate as you wouldn't know when you exactly ovulated. When I was having my girl and went for my first scan, technically I was supposed to be 9 weeks but upon check, she was only at about 8 weeks. Which is why your gynae is saying to check back in 1-2 weeks time. Don't give up on hope. Pray for strength. Don't stress yourself too much. ☺

Read more

I would say don't worry too much first! Like what all the mummies had said, it's still early.. and gestation week is estimated.. Even at later stage of pregnancy, when Gynae determine gestation age base of baby's weight, will also varies.. like I have a colleague, her EDD was brought forward because the baby's weight is heavier than the current gestation week..

Read more
VIP Member

Yes it's very normal. Usually baby sac can only be detected and heartbeat can be heard around 6-8weeks. Don't worry and stay happy about it!

7y ago

I'm suppose to be 6 weeks plus.. but dr said my baby sac is only less thn 2mm.. which is only around 5 weeks?

When I was abt 6wks preg dr use v scan too... is very normal to use v scan at the beginning of pregnancy

7y ago

Mummy don't worry. Mine was really small at the way stages too.

It's still early dear. Don't worry and take care of yourself for baby and for baby to grow well.

Still early dear! Take care of yourself that's more important now :)

VIP Member

Its normal.. dont worry. Domt get stress up