Week 5 Day 2 Scan

Hello mummies! I had a scan ytd, but I was only week 5 day 2. I think my gynae scheduled me a little earlier because of previous conditions or maybe due to CNY period. He saw the gestational sac in womb but said could not see yolk sac yet. He said it might be too early and asked me to come back in 2 weeks. Anyone had similar experience? I am a little worried. #pleasehelp #advicepls

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi dear, I'm currently having similar experience as you. I'm at 7 weeks and still could not see the Yolk sac. Last week I already went for my 1st ultrasound, my gestational sac is about 4mm. This week, the ultrasound shows my gestational sac is growing 7.8mm but still no Yolk sac. I choose to do blood test to check my hcg lvl and the next 48hrs I've to come back and check again the results. Might be my baby is too slow or might be Ectopic Pregnancy or Miscarriage. Anyways, don't worry Mummy. 5weeks is still early to see. Just wait another few more weeks. Wishing you all the best!

Read more

same here.. i also around 5 weeks plus. only see the gestational sac. they tot i having ectopic pregnancy. coz based on my menses by right is abt 6 plus 7 week. they tested my blood, etc, and a detailed scan. my whole day is at kkh. finally, they found it but just v small. can't detect from the normal scan. they just state too early. estimate about 5 weeks plus. they schedule 3 week later after cny to do another scan. by than they should be able to see. Just hope everything is find. stay positive and rest more.

Read more

I had my first scan at about 6 weeks! And was asked to come back at 10 weeks. At 6 weeks this was what i could see, just a tiny dot along with the yolk sac. Can’t wait to see baby’s growth at week 10!

Post reply image

😊 if you went for scans earlier than 6weeks the ultrasound may not detect anything . recommended 8weeks can hear babies heartbeat no worries cause not every pregnancy is the same .

It’s still too early so that’s completely normal. Please don’t worry. I saw mine close to 7 weeks and even then the baby was almost too tiny to see clearly.

Same here! Had the same experience cause we found out really early. Just had my 2nd scan yesterday at 7 weeks & i could hear the heartbeat ❤️

I had the same experience and was asked to come back at week 7. By then I could hear the heartbeat already :) Don’t worry mummy!

TapFluencer

It’s normal. Still very early. Usually first scan is recommended at 8 weeks I think?

1y ago

Thank u so much ❤️

I was asked to come back at week 9. Dont worry :)