Bleeding & No heartbeat

Hi mamas. I had light spotting this morning when i woke up and gradually it got more. Till this moment fills half a normal pad with slight clots. Went to private gynae and he can’t seem to find heartbeat via tummy scan and the scan shows smaller than supposed size. I’m supposed to be 9weeks but scan shows only 7 weeks 5 days. I went to see the same gynae 2 weeks ago, and he did vaginal scan was able to hear heartbeat. He suspects that baby have stop growing and i should just monitor and see if it naturally “come out” I’m still in denial stage.. should i consider second option and head to NUH a&e? Anyone gone through the same experience before? 🥺 #advicepls #firstbaby

Bleeding & No heartbeat
6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm very sorry you are gg thru this. I went thru the same during my 1st pregnancy. saw a strong heartbeat at week 6. went back at week 9 was told no more heartbeat. 1 week later started to bleed with clots and contractions. baby came out naturally, so no procedures needed. the placenta is the sign if it naturally comes out. looks like a huge blood clot. abt size of a palm. but still good to do a scan after to make sure everything is out. take time to heal and don't lose faith. I got preg 6mths after and am expecting my 2nd child now. your rainbow baby is waiting but don't rush your body. Stay strong!

Read more

I had the same experience as you except i did not have any bleeding. Went to the doc at week 9 but baby measured at week 7 with no heartbeat. I heard a strong heartbeat at week 6. I then took blood test that day and 2 days later to see if my hcg was going up. As my hcg was falling, doc confirmed that it was a missed miscarriage. maybe you want to take a blood test to confirm. take care and don’t lose heart! ❤️

Read more

If you’re current gynae is not from kkh. I do suggest going over to KKH Urgent O&G located at B1. They can do some tests for you. Including taking blood test on 2 days to determine if there’s a rise or drop in your HCG level. On top of the usual scan. All the best! Try to head down quickly as they are open 24hrs.

Read more

I had the same experience May 2020. I was supposed to be 8 weeks pregnant but baby only 6 weeks and no heartbeat. It was diagnosed as spontaneous miscarriage. Mine did not come out despite bleeding clots as well so they had to do D&C. I didn’t go to A&E but went to private clinic as they can do it there 😞

Read more

there’s a possibility that can’t hear heartbeat via abdomen ultrasound cos it’s too small. but if it helps u get a peace of mind, get a second opinion from another private gp. don’t go a&e - long waiting time for u and it’s not an emergency

pls go to kkh urgent o&g. they can check if ur cervix is open or close. and if got heartbeat previously, do transvaginal scan can see if still have heartbeat a not.