Heart Beat Slow At Week 7/8

Sigh... Today I have the worse appointment of all appointments I have with Private KKH gynae. Infact all appointments gave me roller-coaster ride. So today I went for my 4th checkup and I am unsure I'm week 7 or 8 (doc also never tell me I'm week what) then he did the transvaginal scan and told me the heart beat slow and embryo size is only 4.4mm so he told me to be mentally prepared that it will lead to miscarriage. So he asked me to go for next appointment next Friday to confirm if the embryo is still growing, if is not, I will have to discuss with him. Anyone experience same scenario as me? I need advise.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hugs. Slow growth is indication that the fetus is not viable anymore. There’s nothing more you can do for now, pray and talk to baby for some peace of mind. It’s natural and common occurrence and not something you had done wrong. If it happens several times, gynae May recommend tests to see if there are medical reasons for recurrent loss. But if it’s your first time, try not to feel that something is wrong with you or your spouse to cause it. Sometimes baby is not ready yet. spare some time to grieve and cry. It will help you cope and recover. Body can recover fast but mental and emotional health may need more time. Spoken from experience.

Read more
4y ago

Hi babe, just wonder if your case does yours got heartbeat?