Help anyone

I have a very serious issue and I have no one to ask advise. I am currently staying with my mother and my sister in a 2 room flat, the room is occupied by my sister. Me and my husband currently pregnant at 36 weeks and my husband is Sikh while I'm Muslim and we got married civil marriage. My mother kept on asking us to make sure the baby is Muslim. Is that even fair? She keep on insisting this and that like as though it is her child. She mentioned if she is going to take care of our baby she wants the baby to be muslim. I personally do not want my baby to be muslim and me and my husband has been battling this religion thing for so long and i just hate that it's affecting our rs. So far me and my husband always agrees on everything together and have no issues only until my mother keep on bringing it up all the damn time. I really hate it. I really feel like moving out but we have no where else to stay. I am feeling so upset because even today my mom tried to control how we name our first born. It's so frustrating. What should I do? Where can I get temporary housing???

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Yes, I agree with the rest too. Please get a rental hdb flat ASAP. At week 36, it is an important stage, do not delay any longer. For the names, I believe you and your husband should decide together and make the choice yourself. It is your baby after all. Good luck 👍🍀🍀🍀