I have tried not shouting...not spanking but my 4 year old continues to be aggressive with kids. Whenever he sees a kid his height or shorter,he will go hit him. Even when that child is not looking towards him. I have asked him why he is hitting but he looks down and keeps quiet. He is only child. But I have seen other single kids too and they do not behave like this. Is there any other parents here sailing or sailed in same boat? Otherwise he is an intelligent kid but short temperd. I have tried being patient since 3 days but he does not seem to be improving at all. Shall we take him for counselling?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My 2.5 years old son will hit sister and family members whenever he is upset. I keep reinforce by asking him, what should you do to your hands and he will answer me "Hands are for writing, playing toys". Next I will ask him, what you shouldn't do with your hands and he will answer me "hands are not for hitting", and he will stop doing it. For young kids, we just need to keep reminding them over and over again. After some months, the hitting is getting lesser and lesser and I guess he is abit older to understand we cannot hit people.

Read more
8y ago

how much has your son improved? I think my son is so because he is the only child. Though he has not been spoiled. its tough. and I really get fed-up. especially when I do not see other's having a child aggressive like him.