Leg cramps

I have quite frequent leg cramps at night, my partner does get up to help me bcos of my cry for help, just today he was so angry at me and kept telling me to relax however it was too painful and the pain lasted longer this time. He was so pissed he ignored me and went to bed leaving me there. What are your views on this type of partner?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Definitely not supportive enough. But I'll adk him back, if you dont heko me who will? Maybe he doesn't like you to cry? U can ask him too. Like for me, when my daughters (teens) ask me for help in a urgent, mature way.. I get very serious. But if they whine n cry i will feel turn off sometimes. Im not saying he is right. I'm just suggesting if there's a win win way of communication. :)

Read more
TapFluencer

Your partner needs to be more understanding as a woman goes through so many new alien experiences as they go through pregnancy. Better have a sit down and chat with him that his love, support and patience will go a Long way in making this pregnancy easier. Also check with your doctor about the cramps so you can also explain to your hubby the scientific reason for your leg pain

Read more
Super Mum

He's definitely in the wrong here though I could probably understand some people can get cranky when their sleep is disturbed because they feel tired. He is still wrong and should apologise to you though. Plus once the baby comes out definitely will disturb both of you a lot, will he shout at the baby too?

Read more
TapFluencer

He shouldn't be behaving this way. Maybe show him articles on pregnancy leg cramps and let him understand how he can help. U can wear compressions socks and eat banana to reduce leg cramps

I have leg cramps frequently especially during the second & third tri, can try pulling your feet back towards your body to relieve the pain, very effective!

Omg maybe he had a bad day! Next time try to stretch your leg n flex your toes yourself. More tough but at least u can help yourself if he refuse..

May he has a tough day as well... try wearing compression socks. It’s help