I have been sending my LO to polyclinic for her vaccine and just wonder why there weren't any development checks conducted? Is it normal? I have been reading up flat head and checked on my LO, she seems to be had a flat spot on her back of the skull. Please advise... Thanks

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Vaccinations at polyclinic are NOT always followed up with development checks, they go according to the charts inside the health booklet - so you can roughly tell when it would be! Usually they would ask you to make an appointment for the next vaccination and let you know if there's also a development check when making payment (it is recorded in the back of my son's health booklet too)! If you have any concerns of your own, voice them to the nurses and if need be, they will help you arrange to see the doctor after the vaccination is done :)

Read more

I think not all vaccination appt ends with development checks. My LO is coming to 8 months and so only 1 time doctor did the development checks, i think on LO's 1st vaccination. Other times it would be the nurse doing simple go through ofbthe health booklet. U may tell the nurse of your concern and they can help to arrange doc app

Read more
VIP Member

You can voice it out to the nurse during the vaccination, they will immediately arrange you to see a doctor immediately after the jab.

depends on what the appointment is for. i also realise the check up at poly different from the check ups at private clinics.

VIP Member

please raise your concerns with the nurse after injection. they will arrange you to see the doctor if required.

Not all check ups will have the development checks. U might want to check with Pd if u worry bout ur LO