I have been married 17 years and am at my wit's end! My Husband is driving me insane. I can't even tolerate being in the same room as him! Being from the Indian community, I'm well aware that a divorce will bring about gossip. We have two boys and he's always showered me with extravagant gifts to appease me. His flaws are that he's really possessive and I've finally reached my breaking point. Controlling and honestly always felt a part of me being repressed. I know that my boys and I will be in a happier place without him. Any mummies who have been through a divorce? Any advice appreciated.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

1. How can your boys & you will be in a happier place? Please don't assume for your children. 2. If you wish to divorce, is your decision only! In fact if none of the parties are violent, divorce is mostly a selfish reason and not for your kids. 3. Given that is 17 years marriage, maybe you should ask what you wanna get out of the divorce? 4. Possessiveness means he love and treasure you. I think most woman envy you here. 5. Please seek counselling, I suspect both parties need to adjust their mind set and meet someowhere in the middle. 6. If you found someone else, then that is a different story. 7. Remember entering a marriage, one is expected to lose some freedom.

Read more