Dilemma ...

So I have been keeping my baby (currently 9mo) at home while my husband and I work from home. There’s only the two of us taking care of baby. As we are working, we do not really have much time to spend with baby. Baby gets fussy at times too. Should I send baby in to ifc now? Have concerns about the current virus situation too, and also separation anxiety peaks around this current age. He has signs of clinging to us. I’m also concern that neglecting him will slow his development. Will ifc be a better option overall ?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Just like you it was only my husband and I looking after baby, after weighing both options nanny or ifc in terms of cost and other factors (learning, development, safety, transport, environment) we went with ifc since baby was 4-5mo as I had to return to work (pre Covid times) Key advice is pick the right ifc. Read up on reviews, visit the school, speak to the Teachers/principal and other parents with babies who are registered in the ifc. It’s true that the more expensive private schools are better as I have compared both (teacher babies ratio/types of teacher employed/school environment/turnover). Looking back it has been 3 years, no regrets. Our baby grew up well in terms of education, speaking, learning and development. Emotionally strong and vocal due to early social skills gained. Probably only the first year in ifc the baby would fall sick frequently due to adapting to a new environment with other babies, so you have to boost their immunity at home with food/vitamins. After that they get much stronger health wise and fall sick less when they are 2-3yo. I’m expecting my 2nd child soon and have already reserved a spot for baby. Ifc placement is very popular and often fully booked imagine I have to book even before my child is born! So you better make some phone calls ASAP to find out more.

Read more
Super Mum

Personal decision. No one can give you a perfect answer. I sent my bb to nanny since 4mo. At 11m changed to ifc. No separation anxiety. Just needed time to get comfy. A bit of nightmares. I chose ifc cause I felt nanny wasn’t doing enough to stimulate bb. We needed help also to promote solid food, exploratory activities.

Read more

Thanks for replying. Which type of nanny? U sent to her house?