Stay Home Mom

I have been a career woman for 20 years since I started working at the age of 19. Now I am 40 years old and have my first baby this year Jan 2020. I have been having this dilemma, either go back to work after baby is born or be a stay home mom. Somehow the current virus situation kind of make the decision for me. The competitive job market... the uncertainty of the safety at workplace and infant care centre are some of the reasons that make me decide to stay home with my baby. However, I really don't know how to feel fulfilled being a stay home mom. At the back of my mind, I fear that I may get obsolete. I hope some stay home mom out there can give me some tips on how you go through each day at home. How do you keep yourself stay relevant? What else can you do besides taking care of baby, do housework and cook. Basically, I feel lost and feel stuck at home. I just don't know how to be a stay home mom and feel happy about it. Maybe because I'm so used to working.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I totally get where you're coming from. Being a stay-at-home mom after a long career can be quite a transition. It's natural to feel lost and unsure about how to find fulfillment. Have you considered exploring new hobbies or taking up online courses to keep yourself engaged and learning? Also, connecting with other stay-at-home moms in online communities can provide great support and tips. By the way, while browsing online, I came across some info about electrician careers. There's the post: in Alabama Licenses are Issued Through Alabama Electrical Contractors Board on https://www.hvacschools411.com/ . Just wanted to share! Oh, and I'm new here on the forum. Nice to meet you!

Read more

Hey Diana, I can understand the guilt but please do what makes you happy. You can take up some consulting work or work from home opportunity which will give your flexible hours and you can stay with your baby also and if nothing you can just pick up your hobbies or upskill urself by taking online classes etc. Do not worry you do know the best for your baby and whatever you will choose will be the best decision. Have faith in urself

Read more
TapFluencer

money vs time... stay on at work if u can... for me, i struggled too while working, got retrenched and not gotten back in to spend more time and effort on my kidz

VIP Member

Read. Keep yourself connected with outside world..