Hi, I have accidentally used baby laundry detergent to wash baby milk bottles. If I were to use the baby cleanser to wash those affected milk bottles again and afterwards steam it, will the bottles be safe for baby to use for drinking milk? Regards, Alan

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

On top of what the daddy above has said, I would repeatedly wash the bottles with hot water and make sure none of those tell-tale soapy bubbles appear. If you have a bottle steriliser, you can pop the bottles in there for good measure after the hot water wash. Reckon it should be safe after that. If you are still worried, just toss the bottles and get new ones, maybe?

Read more

If I were you, I would wash the bottles with hot water a couple of times to remove as much detergent residue. This should be sufficient to bring the detergent to low or negligible concentration.

VIP Member

Yes, wash it, sterilised should be safe. If really worried, can replace the bottle. I replace every 6 monthsn

Super Mum

Wash it with baby cleanser and rinse it with hot water couple more times then sterilise it.

Super Mum

Yes, wash with baby cleanser, rinse with hot water then steam it with sterilizer.

VIP Member

Wash with baby cleanser. Normal tap water. Final put in steriliser

Just wash and properly sterilize it should be fine. no worries

Use the baby cleanser wash Sterilize after Should be ok

Yes wash bottle with hot water, rinse it a few times .

Just wash and sterilized should be fine