Hi, I have accidentally used baby laundry detergent to wash baby milk bottles. If I were to use the baby cleanser to wash those affected milk bottles again and afterwards to steam it, will the bottles be safe for baby to use for drinking milk? Regards, Alan

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

On top of what the daddy above has said, I would repeatedly wash the bottles with hot water and make sure none of those tell-tale soapy bubbles appear. If you have a bottle steriliser, you can pop the bottles in there for good measure after the hot water wash. Reckon it should be safe after that. If you are still worried, just toss the bottles and get new ones, maybe? Especially if there are stains or weird colour changes to the bottles. Better be safe than sorry.

Read more

Yup, should be fine. You can also consider boiling the bottles in hot water. Place all bottles and nipples in the pan and cover completely with water, ensuring there are no air bubbles trapped inside. Cover the pan and boil the baby bottle for at least 5 minutes. This will help sterilize the bottles.

Read more
8y ago

You mean there is discolouration of bottle? In that case.. I think may be better to change the bottles.