When do you stop using baby-branded washing detergent for your kids' utensils and milk bottles? Is it okay to wash with mama lemon?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Since it is recommended to sterilise bottles until the baby is at least a year old, I would think that also applies for the use of baby dish soap. I'm currently using Tollyjoy Liquid Cleanser to wash my pump parts since she doesn't drink from bottles and foresee myself using it until she is about 3 years old. It's not too expensive and one drop goes a long way, so I don't see the point of risking it with normal dishwashing liquid which might be too harsh. http://www.babycentre.co.uk/x554846/when-can-i-stop-sterilising-my-babys-bottles

Read more
Post reply image

I use Amway dishwashing liquid which can also be used to wash vegetables and fruits. Actually I think mama lemon is ok to wash utensils and bottles. My family all grew up doing that. As long as it's not bleach that will break down the plastic.

Post reply image

Yes, I just use mama lemon too, diluted. Brush and rinse thoroughly should be good enough. I have stopped sterilizing when baby has turned 1 year old.

I think mama lemon is fine. Usually I hear from mummies that 1 year old is okay to stop all the baby brand already.

We stop using baby branded washing detergent when baby around 1 year old. I think is OK to use mama lemon to clean.

Yes, I do use degradable ingredients washing detergent to wash utensils and milk bottles instead of mama lemon.

I never used baby detergents when my boys were babies. Just a drop of mama lemon would do the trick :)

thanks